Sa Dec Apricot Blossom Tree Club is located in Dong Thap province, Vietnam. This is the club established by artisans specializing in ornamental trees. Today, Sa Dec Apricot Blossom Tree Club has 130 items, including more than 100 pots of yellow apricot, 30 ancient tamarind trees of 40 participating members.
Among them, the most prominent is the collection of 10 yellow apricot trees with unique shapes ofrecord holder Vu Duc Dong, which has attracted a lot of attention from domestic and foreign tourists, artisans as well as organizations. A special attraction of this collection is Tue Sam yellow apricot tree – a hundred-year-old apricot tree whose root is gold-inlaid with the image of 9 extremely unique dragons and 9 apricot trees that have been established with unique values.
With the above special things, the World Records Institute (WorldMark) officially completed the world record application according to the nomination of the Vietnam Records Organization (VietKings) for the collection of yellow apricot trees and sent to the World Records Union (WorldKings). At present, the World Record Establishment Board has been reviewing the application to make a decision.
The collection of 10 yellow apricot trees of record holder Vu Duc Dong consists of an ancient Tue Sam apricot tree and other 9 apricot trees with unique values. Ancient yellow apricot tree was engraved 2 calligraphy words “Tue Sam” (and inlaid with 9999 gold), which is his parents’ name on the scar (9cm x 36cm). “Tue Sam” yellow apricot tree is a rare species with the age of over 100 years. In addition, this tree has the image of 9 dragon roots and 9 dragon braches around. Besides, the 9 apricot trees has set Vietnam Records for unique values. It has helped create an international and rare collection. The special thing of this Collection is not only valuable in terms of art but also has profound and humanistic content.
Record holder Vu Duc Dong spent a lot of time, effort and money to get the Yellow Apricot Collection “Tue Sam”. It is not only a hobby or passion, but it also holds a very deep meaning to his family and especially to his parents – who gave birth to 9 children who are always loving and connected to each other.
Each work representing a child of the “two great Tue Sam” has its own story, which is valuable in terms of spirit, emotion as well as spiritual elements. These 9 separate works have been set a Vietnam Record representing the 9 grown children of “two great Tue Sam”. Although they are no longer living with their parents, they are always grateful for the merits of birth and upbringing with their parents.
In this unique collection, it is impossible not to mention 9 yellow apricot trees with unique shapes that have been set Vietnam Record as the unique values in Vietnam, including:
- “Nghinh Xuan Khanh Hoi” – Perennial yellow apricot tree with slightly inclined vertical shape, which has the unique value in Vietnam.
- “Tien Nu Giang Tran” – The ancient ornamental yellow apricot tree with a trunk and root in the shape of a dancing phoenix, which has the unique value in Vietnam.
- “Phan Khach” – The ancient ornamental yellow apricot tree in the shape of two trunks with the same root as “The old father steps back to let his child grow up”, which has a unique value in Vietnam.
- “Lao Mai Sinh Cuu Tu” – The ancient ornamental yellow apricot tree in the shape of an old mother and 9 children, which has the unique value in Vietnam.
- “Long Dan Phuong Vu” – The ancient ornamental yellow apricot tree has branches that all fall to one side according to the force of the wind, but the top of the tree must grow in the opposite direction. This tree also has a unique value in Vietnam.