Effective listening is actively absorbing the information given to you by a speaker and using specific techniques that show you are not only listening but keenly interested is what is being said, while also providing feedback to the speaker so that he or she knows the message was received.
It is the key to effective communication as it requires a real two-way exchange of information between two or more people. There is a big difference between “hearing” someone speak and “listening with intent”, so once you start using the active listening techniques taught in this course you’ll experience better results in your relationships both at home and in the workplace.
The PD Training Active Listening training course teaches you crucial skills like how to how to listen attentively, how to show real interest, how to understand what you’ve heard and how to respond appropriately. This course touches on body language as well as specific types of questioning techniques. After learning and implementing these techniques you will become a more effective communicator in all situations.
PD Training’s half-day Active Listening course is now available in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, Parramatta and Perth or can be customized and delivered online, which means you can study anywhere you want.
In this course participants will learn to:
- Engage more effectively through actively listening.
- Understand the difference between ‘hearing’ and ‘listening’.
- Learn the techniques to listen actively.
- Increase their awareness of communication behaviours.
- Understand how emotions effect their ability to listen.
- Learn to paraphrase and restate for clarification.
- Be able to manage and encourage constructive collaboration.
According to pdtraining.com.au