The Irish Parachute Club (IPC) is an air sports club, located in Clonbullogue, County Offaly, in Ireland. The club was founded in 1956 by wartime paratrooper Freddie Bond, and began operations at Weston airfield in Leixlip.
The IPC trained several teams that competed internationally in 1962, 1964 and 1966, and at many international events during the last 20 years. IPC-trained skydivers participated in several world records.
The club later operated from a number of locations before establishing a drop zone in 1974 at Tokn Grass, west of Edenderry. The first club aircraft, a Cessna 172, was purchased in the same year. In 1981, the IPC moved to Esker More near Daingean and an IPC-based team Gael Force competed internationally. In 1988, the club moved to its current location at Clonbullogue Airfield. Most Irish skydiving records have been set at this location, including a 51-person formation in July 2008.
Averaging over twelve thousand jumps annually, the IPC operates on weekends, bank holidays, and on some weekdays in summer; and offers tandem skydiving, Accelerated Free Fall (AFF), and static line parachuting training programs.
According to the Internet