Blackheath Hockey Club is a field hockey club based in Eltham, south-east London. It is officially the oldest hockey club in the world, founded in 1861 by Old Boys of Blackheath Proprietary School.
The club’s home ground is College Meadow, which is located in Eltham. The club runs eight men’s teams, five women’s teams, and a large junior section. The Men’s First Team plays in the EH South East Men’s Premier Division and the Women’s First Team plays in the EH South East Women’s Division 1 East.
In 2012 the club relocated from its home at Rubens Street in Catford, London SE6 of over 50 years to College Meadow within the grounds of Eltham College. The Club was renamed Blackheath and Elthamians Hockey Club to reflect this partnership.
Blackheath and Elthamians Hockey Club is also a successful club with a long and proud history. The club has won some trophies and competitions over the years, and its players have represented England and Great Britain internationally. The club is also committed to developing young players and has a thriving junior section.
According to the Internet